Self-care this autumn
Autumn is one of our favourite seasons: cosy nights, warm jumpers, crisp walks and of course, lots of candles! For us, it’s the perfect time to relax and recharge after the excitement of summer and have some well-earned ‘you’ time.
Here are some of our favourite things to do during Autumn that can help you relax and take some time out for yourself:
- Go for a walk – Getting outdoors is a great way to clear your mind and feel refreshed. Whether is 10 minutes or you’re exploring all day, nature is one of the best ways to soothe your soul and Autumn is the perfect time of year to do this!
- Read a book – We get so caught up looking at screens, looking at our phones or worrying about what’s going on with social media. Curling up with a good book helps you escape for a while and gives you a fresh perspective!
- Have a bubble bath – Nothing beats a candlelit soak in a hot bubble bath as the sun goes down. It’s a great way to warm up on those chilly evenings and helps ease your mind. This is a great tip if you find that you struggle to sleep as well, the heat helps relax your muscles and sends you off to the land of nod!
- Curl up in front of the fire and watch your favourite movie – Autumn nights are made for this! Grab a blanket, pick your favourite snack, light a candle and hey presto, you’ve got the perfect evening!
- Meet up with friends – It’s no secret that our friends are so important when it comes to maintaining a positive outlook on life. Yet so often life gets in the way! Go for a coffee or out for a meal and you’ll see the difference it makes!
Any one of these activities can lift your mood if you’ve had a bad day. World Mental Health Day was on the 10th October 2019 and the message that we wanted to share with you is that it’s okay not to be okay, and that talking to someone can really help if you are feeling overwhelmed.
There are so many fantastic charities dedicated to supporting people struggling with mental health on a local and national level and employers are taking massive steps towards supporting their employees from a work perspective that, more than ever, the support is there if you need it!